About World IBD Day
World IBD Day is organized by patient organizations representing over 50 countries on five continents and is coordinated by EFCCA. Many other IBD organizations, IBD activists, and other stakeholders have joined the fight against IBD over the years.
What is IBD?
IBD, which stands for inflammatory bowel disease (including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis) are two serious, chronic digestive diseases. It affects about five million people worldwide.
Symptoms of IBD
There are various symptoms of IBD. Here are some of them:
- Abdominal pain and stomach cramps
- Change in bowel movement frequency
- Chronic diarrhea
- Chronic constipation, or constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Urgent bowel movements
- Bloody bowel movements or blood on toilet paper
- Mucus in stool
- Feeling of incomplete bowel evacuation (tenesmus)
- Feeling nauseous or vomiting
- Pain outside of the gut
- Loss of appetite (not wanting to eat)
- Weight loss
Please always consult a doctor when experiencing these symptoms for proper diagnosis.
Learn more about World IBD Day here: https://worldibdday.org/
Shop Ostomy products at Nightingale Medical Supplies at https://nightingalemedical.ca/product-category/ostomy/