What is a NSWOC?
NSWOC refers to Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence. Nightingale Medical have dedicated NSWOC on staff who can provide FREE fittings upon appointment. Our NSWOC will assist you with:
- Wound and ostomy assessments
- Pre and post-operative ostomy education
- Peristomal skin management
- Advanced wound product advice
- Hernia belt fittings
When should I see a NSWOC?
We recommend you see a NSWOC both pre- and post-surgery for the following reasons:
- Weight gain or loss of ten pounds or more
- Every 6-12 months of your stoma check-up
- If you have any appliance leakage
- If you have redness, pain or wounds around your stoma
- If you have a hernia or a bulge in the stoma area
- Travel, diet, or lifestyle suggestions and tips
- Samples of the newest and latest ostomy products
How do I order my supplies?
When should I re-order my supplies?
Most of our customers have their first order placed by a NSWOC or Home Care Nurse. If you are placing your first order yourself, simply call or email our office to re-order additional supplies. Additional supplies can be ordered directly through your nearest Nightingale Medical store location.
An order should be placed when you are down to your last box of product. Nightingale is able to keep most products in our inventory, but in certain circumstances back orders can occur. Always try to keep one box of product i your supply.
How does PharmaCare work?
Like a pharmacy that bills for prescription drugs, we will bill all of your eligible ostomy supplies through the PharmaCare program. Once you have reached your PharmaCare deductible for the years, we will bill PharmaCare directly for the portion they will be covering. Most clients reach their PharmaCare deductible at some point in the year and enjoy partially covered supplies from then on.
How do I pay for my supplies?
Most clients pay with Visa or Mastercard. Cash and Interac are also accepted. Certified cheques and money orders are also acceptable if a credit card is not available.