EdemaWear by Compression Dynamics is a novel approach that delivers compression under a series of longitudinal ridges running parallel to the limb. In contrast to conventional circumferential compression wraps. Longitudinal compression cannot cause a tourniquet effect that could interfere with limb circulation and lymphatic drainage.
EdemaWear delivers optimal pressure under the parallel ridges while leaving four-fifths of the skin surface free. This provides optimal delivery of arterial blood and the efficient return of lymph and venous blood to the circulatory system. Constructed from durable Nylon and Lycra™, EdemaWear is easy to clean and is reusable. Its low profile and open construction ensure that it is cool and comfortable in use while allowing patients to use their existing footwear during treatment.
Unlike conventional wraps and stockings patients and caregivers alike find EdemaWear is easy to put on and easy to remove. It can be the first option for compression or as an alternative to compression modalities that patients refuse to use.
- Edema from venous hypertension
- Post-op edema
- Venous leg ulcers
- Skin tears
- Wherever safer, more comfortable and acceptable compression is required.
Directions for Use
- Roll the EdemaWear stockinet up in your hands like you would a stocking before putting it on
- Remove daily and reapply
- To prevent EdemaWear stockinet from rolling down or up on the limb, turn over the top of EdemaWear making a 7.5 cm (3”) cuff, or turn EdemaWear inside out
- Wear socks on top of EdemaWear
- EdemaWear should be in direct contact with the skin
- Cut to needed length, EdemaWear will not unravel
- Wash EdemaWear in cold water
- Do not use bleach
- Hang dry
- Do not put in the dryer