Introducing the StomaGenie®!
Nightingale is proud to be one of the first retailers in Canada to introduce you to the StomaGenie® – a revolutionary new product that makes changing your ostomy pouch easier, cleaner and more hygienic than ever before!
What is StomaGenie®?
StomaGenie® is a single-use, biodegradable cartridge, lined with super absorbent odor control fabric that helps to stop leakage and capture any output, leaks, or drips. It covers your stoma as you remove your old pouch and allows you to take your time cleaning and drying your skin, promoting healthier peristomal skin.
The StomaGenie® is a suitable ostomy accessory for anyone looking for a more convenient and hygienic way to change their ostomy pouch, including ostomates with an active or leaky stoma, ostomates with vision or dexterity issues, caregivers, and nurses.
What are the benefits of using StomaGenie®?
- Leakage: Can help to stop leakage that can irritate skin or ruin clothing.
- Stress-free: Allows users to change their pouch without worrying about accidents, making the process more hygienic, less stressful and faster.
- Wear time: Captures drips that can cause the adhesive to not seal properly, which can lead to leaks and shorter wear times.
- Healthier skin: Allows users to take more time to prepare their skin for the appliance, which helps to promote healthier peristomal skin.
- Hygienic for caregivers and nurses: Makes pouch changes more hygienic for caregivers and nurses.
- Seal Included: Can help to apply flanges from a two-piece system more easily with better alignment.
Who is it for?
- Ostomates with an active or leaky stoma
- Ostomates with vision or dexterity issues
- Caregivers: The StomaGenie® makes it easier for caregivers to assist with pouch changes and help maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Nurses: The StomaGenie® can help the patient examination process more efficient and hygienic.
- Anyone looking for a more convenient and hygienic way to change their ostomy pouch
How to Use
- Measure your stoma size using stoma measuring guide
- During pouch change, remove appliance and cover stoma with StomaGenie® cartridge
- With the StomaGenie® now covering the stoma , thoroughly prep your skin and allow for time to dry
- For two-piece pouches only, slide pre-cut flange down the cartridge onto the skin
- When pouch change is completed, simply seal the cartridge with the plug and throw it away. StomaGenie® is discreet and biodegradable (but not compostable)
Interested in trying out the StomaGenie®? Ask us for a sample!
The StomaGenie® is now available at your local Nightingale store! For more information visit our website at: https://nightingalemedical.ca/